Make a claim. Call us freephone
0800 310 2222

Slips, Trips and Falls

Start your claim

Make a claim
Get 100% of your compensation

Compensation Calculator

Accidents involving slips, trips and falls are some of the most common types of accidents that people have in the UK.

However, this does not mean that they are any less significant or serious than the other claims that we deal with at Vincents Claims.  Call us free to speak to one of our team for advice on 0800 310 2222.

Falling and landing awkwardly can result in problems such as broken bones, severe bruising and permanent injury, not to mention if you hit your head as a result of falling.

Slips, trips and falls are usually caused by;

  • Wet floors
  • Uneven flooring
  • Cracked or uneven pavements
  • Unexpected obstacles
  • Inadequate lighting
  • Ice or snow in areas that should have been cleared
  • Uncovered Cables across the floor causing a trip hazard
  • Obstructions for example rubbish or boxes lying around
  • Unsecure Floor Coverings for example rugs and mats

If you slip, trip or fall due to the negligence of someone else then you may be able to claim compensation for your pain and suffering.
Whether you are injured on the pavement, a road, a shop, restaurant or any other public place, the occupier of that land has a duty of care to take reasonable care for the safety of others.

The first step in any personal injury claim is establishing who is responsible for your injury and in this case that could be one of several parties, including the local council or business. It may even be the responsibility of your employer, who should be following strict health and safety guidelines.
Regardless of who is responsible, do not hesitate to get in touch with Vincents Claims Solicitors if you belive you have a claim.

How do I make a Slip, Trip and Fall claim?

The first thing you should do if you suffer from a Trip, Slip or Fall injury is of course seek medical attention as your health and well-being is the priority.
You should then report and record the accident immediately after. If it occurred at work then you need to inform your manager or if it was whilst out shopping or in a restaurant then report it to the store or restaurant manager. Ask whoever is responsible to record the accident in their accident book and if there are witnesses to your accident it would be useful to record their details. You could also take a photograph of the cause of the injury which will all contribute to a strong compensation claim with plenty of evidence.
All compensation claims are judged on their own merits, so if you believe you may have a potential claim for a slip, trip or fall compensation claim then contact one of our personal injury solicitors today to discuss your potential claim.